Ticks are ectoparasitic arachnids i.e. they are parasites that live on the surface of another living being and are most active from spring to autumn they can act as a vector for many diseases, some of which are very serious as well.
So if you find yourself in one of the periods of the year we mentioned, you have to examine your dog's skin after each walk. It is very important that you must eliminate ticks before 24 hours because it is after this time they hang on and they begin to transmit diseases. When they are small they can be difficult to spot in this case you will have to be attentive to the following symptoms itching severe rashes and swelling. Generally, we use necklaces, tablets, syrups, Shampoo and sprays given by the veterinarian but some people are looking for natural remedies to take care of their animals if this is your case we will share with you 4 grandmother remedies that will allow you to prevent and eliminate ticks on dogs.
- How to make the perfect dog’s toothpaste?
- Apple cider vinegar: apple cider vinegar is an excellent remedy to eliminate ticks but also other parasites such as fleas and lice, you would have to mix in a bowl of equal portions of water and Apple cider vinegar. Once the mixture is ready you wet a clean cloth with which you will rub your dog's skin.
- Citrus: ticks don't like them at all citrus we recommend using lemon, oranges, grapefruit or limes because they work very well. Boil 2 cups of water and 2 lemons, cut in half. Leave it to simmer for an hour so that it infuses and pour the liquid into a spray apply this remedy on the body of your dog and be very careful not to put it in the eyes.
- Chamomile: one of the most effective remedies and without a doubt is chamomile, to use it just prepare an infusion of natural chamomile let it cool down so as not to burn your pet's skin take a cotton pad, wet it and rub your dog's skin.
- Natural oils: there are certain natural oils extremely effective such as neem oil which can be applied directly to the animal's skin using a clean cloth or mixed with water. When using essential oil from neem it will be essential to dilute two drops of oil in half a liter of water.